Have you ever spent time researching attractions before a vacation? Or perhaps reading about an activity before embarking on project or in preparation for the ensuing season? How did you feel? Did your excitement and anticipation grow?
Psalm 19:7-11; Psalm 119:105; Isaiah 55:8–9; John 14:26; Colossians 1:10; 1 Timothy 4:7–8; 2 Timothy 3:16–17; Revelation 1:3
1. How much time, on average, do you spend reading the Bible each day? Be honestJ
2. What happens when we read the Bible? [Rev. 1:3]
3. In the past, have you seen a connection between the time you spend in Bible reading and your knowledge of God and awareness of his presence in your life? Describe your experience.
4. What time of the day will you be most successful with sustained, regular Bible reading?
5. Which Bible version / translation will you be reading?
6. Which Bible Reading Plan will you start with?
7. Who will be your Bible Reading encourager / accountability partner?
8.Why can Bible reading become a chore instead of a Disciple of joy? In what ways might meditating on Scripture deepen your appreciation of God’s Word?
Pray for Personal Reformation as you embark on your personal Bible reading. Pray for a child-like attitude as you read. Ask God for guidance and encouragement.
“No Spiritual Discipline is more important than the intake of God’s Word. Nothing can substitute for it. There simply is no healthy Christian life apart from a diet of the milk and meat of Scripture.” – Donald S. Whitney